Going gluten and dairy free
The internet contains a wealth of knowledge, but sometimes it’s a little overwhelming. This is an honest telling of my journey to go gluten and dairy free (if we ever get there). There’s a lot to take in, and the aim is to pull as much of that information together as possible, while hopefully answering the questions I really wanted to know and struggled to find simple answers to.
Hello – I’m Jamee and I’m going gluten and dairy free.
Why you ask? I’m lactose intolerant, so I shouldn’t be eating dairy, and I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease 6 years ago.
Want to know more? Check out my about me page.
What is gluten?
Gluten is a group of proteins, called prolamins and glutelins, which occur with starch in the endosperm of various cereal grains. Lost yet?
Here’s the bit you really need to know and remember – gluten is found in wheat, rye and barley.
- Baked ‘Risotto’ with Roast VegA simple, naturally gluten free mid-week dinner recipe combining whatever vegetables you have to have and rice. A perfect combination.
- Cauliflower & Chickpea Satay with FlatbreadDo you love satay? This chickpea and cauliflower satay curry is quick and easy to make! Perfect for mid-week cooking.
- Psoriasis – what is it?What is psoriasis? Learn about what autoimmune diseases are and the impact they have on those who have them.
- Why am I going gluten and dairy free?Why am I going gluten and dairy free after a 25 year love affair with pasta and cheese?
- Lactose intolerance and dairy allergies, what is the difference?What is a lactose intolerance and a dairy allergy and what makes them different?
- What is gluten and why is it so bad for some of us?What is gluten and why is it so bad for us. Simply explaining what gluten is, where it’s found and why some people react to it in a negative way.